I thought I would create a post about my1. Softlips 'french vanilla': I bought this lip balm a couple of months ago and I have purchased from this brand before. I love the packaging, it is sleek, thin and small so it is great for travelling. The balm itself is smooth, clear, slightly glossy and hydrating - although it can really tingle my lips which I don't like so I don't reach for this one very much. Not recommended.
large lip balm collection. I have quite a few lip balms, some of which I love and some of them I am not too keen on. I thought this post would be appropriate as it is still winter, a horrible time for lips, and as I am writing this today it is snowing!
2. Rodial Galm Balm Lip: I received this as part of a starter gift set (on sale from Debenhams, haul post here). I bought this product at the same time as I bought the softlips, korres and blistex balms too. I LOVE this Rodial lip balm! I only use it at night as it is so moisturising and it can leave a slight white case to the lips so I wouldn't use this during the day. Overall, incredibly smoothing and hydrating - it is more like a treatment than a balm. Highly recommended.
3. Vaseline 'creme brule': I bought two of these as they were limited edition but you might still be able to find them online. I only use one, the other is brand new so I may include it in another future giveaway. I really like this balm, firstly the packaging is cute and the balm itself is glossy, moisturising and it smells/tastes really nice!Recommended.
4. Figs & Rouge balms: I have two of these balms, one is the 'rambling rose' scent and the other is the 'sweet geranium' scent. I like the second more than the rose one but they are both hydrating. Although they have a strange texture, they feel gritty on the skin but that soon dissipates and becomes smooth. Recommended, although the lid can be really difficult to remove and put back on.
5. Korres Mandarin Lip Butter Stick 'rose': I think I bought this from feelunique after quite a long time of debating whether to get these. There is so much hype about the korres lip butters but I didn't want to get the ones in the tubs as it is just easier to use a lip balm stick. I really like this product it is smoothing, hydrating and it does impart a really good amount of rosy red to the lips. Recommended.
6. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: I bought this a week or so ago and I haven't been able to put it down since I received it! I bought it from feelunique as they send an email offer saying that if you bought anything you would get a free mini noble isle shower gel (code: fireside) so I did. I didn't expect to love this but I do! The balm isn't very glossy which I like, it leaves my lips looking/feeling like skin but it is really hydrating. Very highly recommended!
7. Jason Aloe & Beeswax Lip balm: I received this in a beauty box and it isn't a brand that I have used before but I have heard a lot of good things about this brands ethics and their hair/body products. The lip balm smells/tastes a bit like minty chocolate which I don't usually like but this balm is really nice. It is hydrating and smoothing but it is not my favourite one in my collection. Recommended.
8. Chapstick Original (Limited edition Union flag design): I bought this as it was on sale on urban outfitters for £1.50. I really like this, I used to get the cherry one when I was younger and I forgot how good these lip balms were until now. Recommended.
9. Nivea Hydro Care Balm: I received this as part of a gift set at Christmas and I didn't expect to like it, as I don't really like Nivea products too much but it is a great balm. It is very smoothing and very glossy. If you like glossy lip balms then this is for you but I am not to keen on glossy balms so I won't buy this.
10. Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast: I was completely sucked into buying this because of the name - how could I resist? The balm itself is smoothing and hydrating and this balm tastes like sweets/sherbet that I ate as a child and I cant quite place the taste. It is very nostalgic and I should really use this balm more.
11. Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm Stick: This balm has been raved about so much - the pot version anyway. I bought the stick balm as it was cheaper and I use stick balms more than lip balms in pots. I really like this balm, it is hydrating, smoothing and it calms irritation but it is not as good as the Caudalie lip conditioner which I ran out of months ago.
12. Mountain Dew Lip Balm: I bought this novelty lip balm from Urban outfitters (where else) as it is American and I am a sucker for American things, whether it is American cosmetics or American food! I have never tried mountain dew, the drink, but I really like the scent/taste of this balm. The balm tastes/smells sweet and refreshing and the balm is really hydrating without being overly glossy which I like. This can be found on ebay.
There you have it, my entire lip balm collection, although I will probably buy more soon! My favourites are the Rodial glam balm, Burt's bees beeswax stick, the korres lip butter and the original chapstick. I hope this was helpful!